🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

rotation of text(lesson13)

Started by
1 comment, last by wwinthan 15 years, 8 months ago
hi, i follow the lesson13 to display text along with other geometry data(lines,arc) i bump into the difficulty which doesn't allow me to rotate as i can rotate in the mfc by using the following code. i set 450(45 degree to both angle of escapement and orientation angle ) so it works perfectly in the mfc(GDI) text output. but it doesn't work with opengl. it gets displayed but it doesn't rotate 45degree(the text). font = CreateFont( height, // Height Of Font width, // Width Of Font 450, // Angle Of Escapement 450, // Orientation Angle FW_NORMAL, // Font Weight FALSE, // Italic FALSE, // Underline 0, // Strikeout ANSI_CHARSET, // Character Set Identifier OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, // Output Precision CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, // Clipping Precision DEFAULT_QUALITY, // Output Quality DEFAULT_PITCH | FF_SWISS, // Family And Pitch "Arial"); thx winthan
Advertisement
There are a few things that gets lost when doing it this way, rotation is one of these.
Especially when converting it to bitmaps, simply because the characters has to fit within a strict grid within the bitmap.
any way to get it rotate?
thx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement