🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mic isn't working in Vista any ideas?

Started by
1 comment, last by aleisterbukowski 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I have a a common mic/headphone and it isn't working. The speakers work just fine, but the mic doesn't. I checked, and triple checked to see if the pic was plugged in correctly, if it was on mute and it wasn't. I tried to install it/setup it up in Vista but I couldn't get pass speaking back to vista setting up the mic. I need this mic, for I have a program I'm writing that needs to be done by tomorrow night that involves grabbing the mic. Any alternatives, suggestions on what I can do? Thanks
Advertisement
Is the Mic set as the active input in the sound mixer?

Right-click on the volume icon on the start bar (assuming you have this shown), and select "Show Audio Mixer." Go to the tab for "inputs" or "recording," and make sure that the Mic input is selected as the default input.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Quote: Original post by hplus0603
Is the Mic set as the active input in the sound mixer?

Right-click on the volume icon on the start bar (assuming you have this shown), and select "Show Audio Mixer." Go to the tab for "inputs" or "recording," and make sure that the Mic input is selected as the default input.

Actually, the mic was working correctly, but whenever I would speak into the mic I wouldn't hear anything, but didn't realize I didn't need to first time working with mic input.

Thanks,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement