🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Starting your career as a composer-sound designer (FAQ and answers)

Started by
61 comments, last by Alec Weesner 6 years ago
Very good point Jaap! Thanks for sharing this!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
What would you suggest as good digital portfolio for music?

What do you mean exactly? What is the best content? Or what are the best tools to make it easily accessible? I use Soundcloud to post and stream my content and choose to use samplers to show highlights as opposed to posting full songs. This serves as an introduction to my work.

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

[quote name='metorsummoner7' timestamp='1307194563' post='4819412']

What do you mean exactly?
[/quote]

He asked that question seven months ago. Surely he isn't still looking for people to answer it now.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Feeling like digging up graves, Nate? ;)

I'm sure metosummoner7 isn't the only one asking himself this, though, so it's vaild to answer that question. I'm using SoundCloud too, you can organize your tracks in sets and you get a good feedback on how many people have listened to your music, plus they can leave comments and share the music easily.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Tom - I realize that but as Mortiz pointed out, others might be wondering/asking the same thing and since his post somehow went unanswered I thought later was better than never. :) Since this topic is pinned (or a sticky) I view it as a long-term resource for the forum.

Moritz - Should I play Dave Matthews' Grave Digger while responding to these old posts? :)

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Moritz - Should I play Dave Matthews' Grave Digger while responding to these old posts? smile.png

Hehe - I was thinking of something more dramatic:
;)

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

I forgot that I had made this post. I create pretty much instrumental and I created a few video game related tracks. Shortly after I asked that question I started using SoundCloud.
Great resource thanks to everyone who posted!
Musician and Sound Designer, working my way into a career in Game Audio.
Twitter: [twitter]jinksi[/twitter]
Webpage: http://www.ericjinks.com
G.A.N.G: http://bit.ly/AdgOWa
Thanks Nathan, thats all great advice, Im glad we have people like you on this board. I've been working on the 'getting my stuff out there' part lately to good success, if you have a sec, let me know what you think of my presentation www.bradyhearn.com

Thanks again!

Brady

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement