🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

making .exe file

Started by
0 comments, last by daviddiligent 16 years, 1 month ago
hi as you know when you run execute a perogram in the programming environment it makes a debug folder in which tou can find the .exe file which can be run on windows platform. i did all these for lesson 2-5 and it was true.but when i got to test the lesson 24-26 i didn`t got any answer("Initilation Failed,Error"). i even try to make a setup file the same as when you instal windows i mean using Instalshield but it failed. i would be really grateful if anybody could help me in this matter. saeed
Advertisement

Did you mean that you got the Error message box "Initialization Failed.","ERROR".

If so, then you need to read the source code. It means that your InitGL() returns false. This might because, you do not have the texture files in the right place. E.g. for lesson24, the font.tga should be place under Data directory.
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/Enthusiastic and wild about game development. Any opportunity would get me sink into any fantastic game-revolution era.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement