🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to - GLAux Replacement Code

Started by
3 comments, last by eriksmith200 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I'm new to OpenGL and am trying to get started with the tutorials. The tutorials are very easy for me to understand, but I would like to not use the older library, and use the replacement code. Can someone explain how to use the GLAux replacement code? I could not find any tutorial about how to use it on the site. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Your not the first one to ask this question, so just take a look in my signature below.
Quote: Original post by lc_overlord
Your not the first one to ask this question, so just take a look in my signature below.

I've tried your code but I get the following error message when compiling (visual studio 2008):

Error 1 error C2664: 'LoadImageW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR' <path>\bmp.cpp 56 lesson1

I'm probably missing something obvious here (yes I'm a noob :p)

the GLaux replacement code from NeHe's website seems to be broken, the zipfile contains a truncated file.
You're using Visual Studio? In your project settings, click "Configuration Properties" and set "Character Set" to "Use Multi-Byte Character Set".

That should do it :D
Game Development Tutorials, a few good game development tutorials located on my site.
Quote: Original post by Butterman
You're using Visual Studio? In your project settings, click "Configuration Properties" and set "Character Set" to "Use Multi-Byte Character Set".

That should do it :D

now it works, thanks! :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement