🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

D3DX Problems

Started by
2 comments, last by Facehat 24 years, 8 months ago
I haven't had any problems with it.

I've heard of some problems with it, though the people that have said they have had problems dont have any proof to back up what they say.

Considering this it its first release, it could contain some bugs.

D. Smith
Advertisement
Hello

I also don't have problems with D3DX. Some say that there are memory leaks when using D3DX. But i don't know where. I think D3DX is a great tool for 3D programming because it isn't slower than IM and does some basic management for you. Other than RM you are responsible for the scene/world-management and you can do it how you would like to do it. D3DX gives you more freedom than RM without to slow your app down and freeing you from the management of your scene.

VirtualNext

On my latest game I've been playing around with D3DX and it seems really nice. I personally haven't seen any problems with it, but I've heard that there are some.

My question is: Has anyone here experienced any problems with D3DX? And what was the problem? Or has anyone heard of any problems with it?

--TheGoop

During my internship over the summer, _all_ my work was done with D3DX. I experienced no problems with it (that weren't fixed before release.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement