🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DAMN. im so rusty.

Started by
2 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 23 years, 1 month ago
yes, this is a testiment to my inability to recall 3d training... well, laugh at me at tell mw what i did wrong. I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED Redwyrm Online

Advertisement
Suggestions (I am not a real artist but I play one on TV):
1) Not enough contrast - the planes are the same color and shade as the rock, so they are hard to see.

2) The background is steady and the planes are steady. Maybe motion blur the background for an illusion of distance. (Or use depth-of-field if your renderer supports it)

3) WTF are those black squiggles? Is that a gel over the light or something in front of the lens? Or post work?
oh well, this is a decent comeback i guess

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED
Redwyrm Online

Edited by - Fantasy Edge on May 16, 2001 2:55:30 AM

I am not exactly sure about the first picture... The textures don''t match (between the two moutains), the "water" is not really visible (or maybe it''s jsut the haze in the horizon ?).
And I think you were trying to make some sort of dust cloud to show they are landing ? I think it''s pretty cool, but it still kinda look messy.

My main criticism would be the lack of contrast. That is, the good old rule : warm foreground, cold background. You have it, but I don''t know, I think the dust covers it all, killing the contrast. Or maybe it''s just me

On the other hand the second picture is really cool Maybe not really well balanced (all the weight is on the bottom and right), but definitely a good feel of depth

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement