🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My game server uses php

Started by
1 comment, last by conquestador 23 years, 1 month ago
Hi, i made game to play over the internet(lasca, developed by Emanuel Lasker). you can play against the computer, but a view days ago someone told me that i use an minimax algorithm, and that i should use a alpha-beta prunning algorithm to optimize everything. So i will do that (it''s hard to beat the computer now, but not yet impossible). But i also made it possible to play to each other over the internet. I made a php script (i don''t have cable internet, so i can''t run a server myself) that registers the IP, when 2 people want to play to each other all that is done is that the ip (and port) is given (not visible) and than the connection will be established. :]]
Advertisement
oh, if you wan''t to try my program (and server): you can find it at www.lasca.f2s.com
Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for -- I was about to post a question asking how to accomplish a peer2peer connection on a budget of $0.00, and this seems to be a very reasonable solution.

Anyway, out of curiosity, how did you accomplish this, exactly? How did you get the game to actually communicate with the scripts? I looked at your site, but there didn''t seem to be any source code available. I don''t mean to be intrusive, but may I ask how you managed to implement this?

Thanks a lot,
Ishamael

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement