🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need a 2D artist for Java-based game

Started by
-1 comments, last by JediMaster 23 years, 1 month ago
Hi I''m your standard 20 years old Computer Engineering who just loves to program some games. I''m currently working on a game for one of my Programming classes. Anyway, since I''m only evaluated for my programming skills, I''ve been using graphics taken from Super Nintendo games to test it. However, it''s coming out pretty well (for my first Java game, that is), so I''ve decided... what the hell, i''ll release it as freeware, maybe some people will still have an eensy bit of fun with it. I''ve already released some of my games (mainly Pascal and C stuff) as freeware... a couple of them went as far as some magazine CDs... anyway, releasing this game with the current graphics would be kind of boring... it''d be a lot cooler to use original art... Ok, so that''s it... I''m looking for one (or maybe two, but one would be better) artist(s) to work on the art of the game.... 2D sprites, backgrounds, maybe some story-telling screens... the usual stuff. It''s not a payjob and it doesn''t involve a dream team (so far, it only involves me and the other guy who had the misfortune of chosing me as a project partner ). Anyway, the game''s almost finished... we need to finish it by 31st of March... it''s fully costumizable, so it''ll be really easy to switch the artwork... for those of you interested, there are a couple of screenshots taken from the first beta version at http://student.dei.uc.pt/~pamaro/screens.htm If you''re interested, drop me an e-mail at pedroa1981@hotmail.com And, for those in doubts, I''ve already talked to my teachers about this... we''ll get the full copyrights of the game, so we can distribute it at will... JediMaster

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement