🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

CD/DVD Rom drives drivers gone...

Started by
-1 comments, last by Chad Smith 16 years, 9 months ago
Ok, for about two weeks now I have had this problem. It all started when I went to go put a game disk that I play all the time into my CD drive. Well...it doesn't load. I try it again. Nothing. I take it out and put in another game. Nothing. I try it again on some empty disk to see if the auto load comes up for it. Nothing. I then go to my computer and I notice my CD/DVD Rom drives are not even being shown! I go to the windows Device Manager, and I see it says that the drivers are either corrupted or have been deleted. Which mad no sense to me, as I have NOT even gone and messed with any of my drivers in forever. For the past 2 weeks, I've been searching forever for my computers disks that came with it, hoping to find the driver disks. Nothing. I've searched the internet tons of times for driver downloads for them. No luck. I have also tried windows update. Am I screwed? Am I missing something here? Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement