🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

question about blueray, need help

Started by
2 comments, last by Ravuya 16 years, 10 months ago
Heres the TV I have http://www.shop.com/RCA_56_Inch_Projection_TV-30045832-p!.shtml I'm planning to get a PS3 for it to play games and watch movies in blueray. My question is does this TV support blueray? Or does it matter what kind of TV you have to play PS3 content on? I appreciate any help ya'll can give me, thanks.
Advertisement
I don't really like that site, it doesn't lay out the specs really well, but from what I read it doesn't have an HDMI input, and I can't tell if its 720i/p, or 1080i/p. What your TV does have is HD component input, and I know you can get an adapter for that for you PS3, but I don't know how that compares with the other video inputs, but if I had to guess I'd say somewhere in between regular (really crappy) component and HDMI.

The bottom line is I have no idea. I would avoid the regular component that it comes with though, the quality coming out of that sucks.
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
on a quick scan over the specs, it should work fine, blu ray will work on most tvs, its just if you want great HD quality you should look for a suitable tv.

hope this helps
---Terence Burns---
Moving to hardware.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement