🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Artist from distance

Started by
3 comments, last by spikey 23 years, 2 months ago
Is it possible to get a (freelance) artist/animation job on distance. Where I live there are no specific game developers. Is it possible to work on distance for developers in other countries, like US, UK.
Advertisement
Yeah. They probably won''t be very well-known companies that let you work from that kind of distance, but there are a few that will.
If you are skilled, then you could probably contract with someone. I doubt any big-time developer would hire someone in this fashion, but small shops or shareware developers can and do pay people they''ve never met for art.
It would probably be a good idea to put up examples of your work on a web site. Makes it easier for people to check out your work.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
I am a shareware author based in the UK and I have used freelance artists to provide professional graphics for my games.
The biggest problem working long distance is separating the people who are committed from those who don''t really have the commitment for a long project. Less of a problem is the money aspect as sites like paypal can be used to pay fees to artists easily even if they are in other countries.

I have paid both royalty based ( ie: n$ per copy sold ) and fixed amounts ( ie: $n for a screen )

Intellectual property can be an issue so make sure you know who owns the artwork ( artist or game author )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement