🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to get the numbers from ?

Started by
3 comments, last by Diodor 23 years, 2 months ago
Before writing any game, they say you must do some market research to find out how many would buy it, what would they pay, etc, etc Know any good sites with as much detail as possible with statistics on games and the other types of entertainment (movies, musik, books) ?
Advertisement
DavidRM mentioned a nice site with all that statistical information a month or 2 ago. How ever you have to pay for the info, $10-$20 or something like that I think it was, could always do a search through the old posts.
I''d like to see that link again. I''ve already done some market research on my own, but I''d like to see how my numbers compare to those. And $10 - $20 for more information is CHEAP!

Charles Galyon
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
If you''re referring to PCData...the URL is:
http://www.pcdata.com

But that''s numbers-of-games-sold-type numbers. Not exactly "market research", but the only thing of this sort I can recall ever mentioning before...

DavidRM
Samu Games
Bah... PC Data just makes up the numbers anyway... I wouldn''t trust them to give me the correct price for a Big Mac, let alone believe their sales figures.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement