🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie question's regarding Lesson 1 and 6 (two solutions)

Started by
9 comments, last by Caste 17 years, 4 months ago
Quote: Original post by spinVector
I had a look at the new code (before) and found it quite confusing and overwhelming with all the seperate files and the "up level" common code. After a brief try at getting it to compile I gave up, BUT it looks very elegant and flexible. I can see it being more useful to me when I become a more proficient programmer and know my way around VC a bit better. I'm sure the new tutes will help too.

Sorry for the compile problems, we don't have included project files for all IDEs yet..
And we had very long decisions about whether modularity(several classes in different files) will be understood by beginners but we intended to show good code, so we have more files than the old NeHe tuts. And you're right, the code is very flexible and everything will be explained in the tuts. But as every programmer should be familiar with some OOP we won't explain that in detail...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement