🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Trouble with alpha

Started by
1 comment, last by Gravell 17 years, 6 months ago
Hello! :) I have trouble with alpha! I have a texture, I check every single pixel in loop and if it's black (0,0,0) I set alpha = 0, if it's not exactly black I set alpha = 255. Later, by using Color4f, I try to make my picture gets better visability and there is my problem! I need better visability for picture without background whitch alpha was 0, but Color4f incrases visability for the picture (that's ok) and background that shouldn't be visable! Do You know the way to make background's alpha = 0 forever, without any way to change it? Thanks for any help! :) [Edited by - Gravell on December 10, 2006 1:29:14 PM]
Advertisement
A screenshot or two would be nice.

Generally if you set the image alpha to 0 then it should stay that way all the time since glColor4f modulates the color with the texture not add it or anything.
I can't stay with alpha = 0 :( I have to change alpha, but only image's alpha, without background's :/ Is there an easy way to change pixel's alpha (image's pixels, without background's)?

PS I'll add screenshots later, now I'm busy :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement