🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lessons head start

Started by
4 comments, last by deepsender 17 years, 8 months ago
Hello, I'm an experienced programmer ready to start Opengl lesson #1. The code in the first program expects to find <glaux.h>, which doesn't download with Opengl any longer. Should I try to get a copy of glaux.h somewhere and proceed with the tutorials? I have been writing 3D animation and ray-trace code for years, but have no experience with Opengl or DX. Please give me your opinions on the best way for me to get started here. Thanks.
Advertisement
Simple answer, don't use glAux, remove all traces of it.
glAux is only needed for the bmp loading in lesson 6, for that we have an excellent replacement code linked in my sig down below.
When the new lessons go online glAux will be no more, so is bmp loading BTW.
Thanks.
I am up to lesson 6 now, and my texture-maped cube is shades of green and black only. I used several different methods of loading the bitmap, including the Glaux replacement. Any suggestions?
Didn't mean to send an anonymous post. sorry.
Well as long as it's not white(if previous glColor statement was white) then textures should work.

Put a screenshot of the problem here and i might be able to help you.
The most probable error is that you forgot to input a line or two of code somewhere.
Thanks lc, the problem cleared up in the next lesson which brings filters into effect. I appreciate your input.

I have all the lessons working now and from this point on, my questions should be more in-depth and challenging... I hope.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement