🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson 6: Run-time faults

Started by
2 comments, last by Ragnaros 17 years, 9 months ago
Hiya, First of let me say that Nehe Productions is really great!!! I've been doing the tutorials up to lessing 6, in a few hours and they are really clear! In lesson six is the function *LoadBMP(). This gives me troubles. I've narrowed the fault down to the part with: File = fopen(Filename, "r"); After this is exits (giving false at the next if, so the pointer is NULL). I know this is probably because of the new string hassle since VC++ 2005 Express edition. Anybody know how to solve this? I've tried replacing Filename with an actual string, but his gives me errors too. Any help is welcome! Joe
Advertisement
Are you sure that string actually points to a file.
As far as I know it does. Also I tried copying the texture.bmp to all possible projectdirectories and rebuild it, but that didn't help the problem either. I made sure the bitmap was 64x64, but that didn't work either. Now I'm kinda stuck...
Ok, solved my own error! One of these days I'm going to take a poop on VC++ 2005!!! After porting the program to my old trusted VC6 it instantly compiled and it worked right out of the box! As far as I'm concerned, this topic can be closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement