🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tutorials I would like to see

Started by
2 comments, last by lc_overlord 17 years, 9 months ago
I would like to see the following tutorials. 1. A very basic implementaion of stereoscopic 3D. Nothing too fancy, mabye a version of nehe tutorial 5 that has stereoSeperation and such. (I can't find ANYTHING that comes close to basic stereo3d that doesn't use glut anywhere). 2. A basic opengl app that implelents .cfg files for retreiving settings. (eg. resolution, mousesensitiy, and such) 3. A very basic tut on moving, dragging, rotating, and scaling objects with user input (mouse & menus). 4. Menus that aren't glut based and are made of a class that uses geometry to construct them. That is all. If such information exists and any knows of where I may obtain it, please post let me know. Thanks.
Advertisement
Hi,

This is not(and never ment to be) any tutorial but perhaps the source of a very simple 3D game I've been working on may be of use to you.

link:
http://piotrb.phpnet.us/hedgemazeeng.html

It should answer your questions 2 and 3 nicely if you are patient enough to examine the code.
Oh thank you! But alas! The download link is broken! Oh the tragedy!
1. no, not unless we get new cheap popular hardware that supports stereo visualisation, such a lesson would be simple since it would be just a matter of moving the camera a fraction to the side and render it again, or something like that.

2. this isn't exactly openGL, perhaps later on we will include something like this in a lesson, but not as a main goal.

3. there is no such lesson planed, well not exactly, we have one lesson with picking and one arcball lesson + various other ones, maybe we will add one more to this group.

4. We do have some early 2d stuff, however it's not exactly a full blown menu system, if you are smart enough it's possible to combine this with the picking lesson and get something running.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement