🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGL From Basic?

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 11 months ago
In particular BBC Basic For Windows.. I am assuming it's possible given that the BB4W program has an assembler? The First Nehe lesson example seems to suggest you need to create a window with some simple driver code.. From this I need to obtain a rendering context(for OpenGL stuff), and a device context for Windows stuff. From there it's rather simpler it would seem :-)
Advertisement
Assuming you don't have a huge amount of legacy code to support, perhaps switching over to a more current version of BASIC would be a good idea? Blitz Basic gives you access to 3d stuff (and theres an OpenGL interface in there somewhere, IIRC).
Quote: Original post by OrangyTang
Assuming you don't have a huge amount of legacy code to support, perhaps switching over to a more current version of BASIC would be a good idea? Blitz Basic gives you access to 3d stuff (and theres an OpenGL interface in there somewhere, IIRC).

BB4W IS current, and far more flexible. :-)

The assembler code attached to the examples is useful..
all I need is someway of translating certain MASM methods
into BB4W ones :-)

I am now determined to get OpenGL working in BB4W :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement