🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

lesson1

Started by
2 comments, last by srisa 18 years ago
Hello everyone, I have typed in the code given for lesson 1 in vc++. I downloaded the file available for download. Downloaded version is working fine but the one I typed in is not. I checked the code for both line by line. I can't find any difference but at nearly 300 lines I might have missed something. The problem is : window created by the program is not being displayed instead VC IDE is being displayed in different mode. I don't how to explain this different mode. The closer I can get is : If you remember DOS , there was somehing like mode CO40. The mode is similar to that one. No problem with compiling , linking or exiting when I press ESC. One more thing , when I go for windowed mode instead of fullscreen mode , only the title bar of the window is being displayed. What am I missing and what could be the reason? Thank You.
Advertisement
Hi,
PM me the code, and I'll see if I can tell what's wrong.
Levi
I think I messed up with the comment lines. Now I removed all the comments and the program is working as expected.
I found out the problem.
In the CreateWindowEx function for the adjusted window height ,
instead of
wndrect.bottom - wndrect.top
I typed
wndrect.bottom = wndrect.top
effectively making windows height 0. So the window below this one which is the ide is being displayed. One typo and trouble for one whole day.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement