🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

info on sockets

Started by
2 comments, last by RPGman 23 years, 4 months ago
is there some place that will simplify showing how to use winsock in multiplayer games or soemthing? i want to learn how to use sockets, but its a bit confusing to get started learning it... thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------If it sounds like a good idea, do it. It is much harder to get permission than it is to apologize.
Advertisement
If I were you I would just get familiar with "Socket Programming" befor trying to do multiplayer and other such thing''s.

well where is a good place to learn socket programming? ps: thanks for replying :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------If it sounds like a good idea, do it. It is much harder to get permission than it is to apologize.
lol you can try here: ftp://ftp.stardust.com/pub/winsock/version1/docs/spec/winsock.html

but THIS IS NOT FOR A NETWORK NEWBIE!! I gave up on this and bought a book. Now that i got an idea of Winsock i can understand this, then again I have ADHD so lol i don''t have much of an attention span. Try getting a book at like barns & noble or a place like that. Those are useful. But you can try the site (it''s 100+ pages if you want to print it lol)
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement