🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGL with VB6

Started by
2 comments, last by datsnl 18 years, 1 month ago
I have posted this on OpenGL forum but didnt get much response so I am trying it here. I am keen to use OpenGL with VB6 and the tutorials given on Ne-He site for VB6 are really good. The problem is: When I try to run the Code by pressing "F5" or "Run" the program runs, but when I stop the program, VB6 uses 50% of the CPU usage (I checked it in TaskManager). I have to close VB to free CPU and then do it all again. I am a newbie to OpenGL and i dont know why this is happening. The funny thing is that when I run the exe that is built from the same program and when that is closed, CPU usage drops down to 0% or 1%. Can anyone help me with this. I would like to clarify following things: 1. I am using Intel Dual Core T2300 processor 1.66GHz ASUS laptop. 256MB graphics card, 1GB ram, 80GB harddisk 2. I really want to use VB6 for OpenGL programming for several reasons, and the one is that I love this language and other is that I am lazy to switch back to VC++ or like. Cheers
Advertisement
Hi!

Most likely the reason VB6 is using 50% of your processing power is because VB is running the program in "Debug" mode, if you will. It does this in case there is a bug in your program, so that it can stop the program before the kernal panics or something. It also does this so that you can watch variables as they change. If you want your program to use less cpu usage, change to retail mode.
"The first person to succeed is the first person to make 100 mistakes."See MY 100 mistakes atRightOn.ThruHere.net
thanks,

but how to change to the retail mode that you stated from the debug mode??
I am now using Vb.net and the problem is the same.

can someone help PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement