🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

should i need to get permission to redistribute nehe tutorails

Started by
2 comments, last by llvllatrix 18 years, 5 months ago
i recently created a website and i wanna redistribute nehe tutorails in it. should i need to get permission to redistribute nehe tutorails?
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed - you would need permission, and I think you're unlikely to get it. You'd have to check with a member of staff for an official answer to that though.

- Jason Astle-Adams

United States and international copyright laws permit you to redistribute original works if doing so is not harmful to the originator. You can't claim them as your own, you can't use them for sale or trade, and if the author is currently making money off of it, you cannot distribute it at all without permission.

Unless GameDev.Net is bringing in profits on those tutorials, you are legally allowed to repost them citing all applicable credit. Still, permission is ALWAYS a good thing to have.
Quote: Original post by Guy Perfect
Unless GameDev.Net is bringing in profits on those tutorials, you are legally allowed to repost them citing all applicable credit. Still, permission is ALWAYS a good thing to have.

Gamedev does make money off of nehe (advertising) and copyright laws change from country to country. Why not link to nehe?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement