🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How do you post pictures?

Started by
7 comments, last by Pierspo 23 years, 5 months ago
In the faq it says use the normal html codes but i know nothing about html. Ive got some quality picture from way back in 320*200 only 256 colors but it kicks ass and its nice to see what can be achieved with the bare minimum. Not mine i found it on some demo coding cd from ages ago anyway I think you graphics people would be quite impressed, anyway if someone could tell me how to post it i will.
yeah boy
Advertisement
Someone should wake up Digisoap and put THAT ONE in the FAQ...

One more time :
Simply type < IMG SRC = " http://yourwebsite/yourpicture " >

Oh, and you need to have a website yes.
And you need to post JPG or GIF or PNG pictures ...

youpla :-P
and do not place the spaces between the < and the >. that was there because it would have made the image had he not.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Thanks, well now all i need is a website.
yeah boy
a note about that ''web site'', if you''re looking for web space... i''ve found xoom.com to be slow, down alot, and they don''t allow you to link to images on your site from other sites (such as on this forum. Xoom also does not now allow you to access the acual directory...it won''t goto a page unless it''s a file or a directory with an index.html. however on the upside, bess allows you to access your site (you might have to ask them to allow it though...) and you have somewhere around 250 mb....

on the other hand, geocities gives you 15mb. allows you to goto acual directories, but bess (proxy for many school networks, to keep junk from getting in eg. playboy.com ) won''t let you go there.... however, bess doesn''t block ftp so...

anyway, thats what i''ve found, btw, if you find anything better than those two, please tell me

-mike
I found a host that just lets you upload images, much quicker than building a website. anyway here''s that picture i was raving on about.

hopefully i got it right but if not
the link is
http://www.freepichosting.com/GalleryImage/16010.jpg
yeah boy
Heeeeeeeeey that''s from Lost Eden (isnt that a Lutherian ?) !!! Someone that knows about Mutant Chronicles !
Do you know where to find Paul Bonner art by any chance ? This is one of my favourite artist, but not many people seem to know him.

For the picture : Very "demo" quality, personally I love that. What software did you use though ?

-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Lost Eden??? Lutherian???? Mutant Chronicles??? I do not know these terms.

I also do not know Paul Bonner

At the top it says i did not make the image so i do not know for sure what software is used, but the file was originally saved as a .pcx which according to psp is a (zsoft paintbrush) file.
any way latrz.
yeah boy
ah well ... then let me tell you :
the picture there is "inspired" by an illustration for a game called Mutant Chronicles. The character depicted here is from one of the factions fighting in this game.
And the drawing technique reminds me very much of the demo style.

As for Paul Bonner, he is an english artist who has done many illustrations for Games Workshop in the past, recently he was working for Target games, on the game I mentioned above.

I am still looking for pictures by him on the Net

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement