🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mini tutorial 2 : Colouring your scans...

Started by
37 comments, last by ahw 23 years, 4 months ago
quote:
ahw wrote:
Is it just me, or am I the only one to post art in this thread (except the brave richardve !) ?

*grin*

I''ve been very busy with my OGL engine the last few days but maybe I can make some new pics tommorow...
Advertisement
quote: Original post by richardve
Eh, sorry.. my English is not very good.. what''s a wammy??

lol
I mean, you said you have no scanner, cant draw with mouse, and have no tablet...

3 things you said are bad,
hence:
"Triple Wammy"

---------------------------------------
"I am 17 and on medicare..."
depending on the overall image mood you are trying to achieve, this works well. usully i do the origional drawing in pencil, outline it with a thin pigment liner or something to that effect. then when you scan it you can scan at lower color depths and you can minimize the file size occupying your temp directory. my meathod is very similar to this. usually i view the image to find any broken lines first as i draw with a .005 very frequenty. too often there is the need to fill lines with the mouse, this isnt all that tough but before you do this it is important to adust the brightness and contrast. im working on one now that will be a combination or ink drawing and animation cell. simple is often the best way to go but it can look really good.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

quote:
Eh, sorry.. my English is not very good.. what''s a wammy??

quote:
lol
I mean, you said you have no scanner, cant draw with mouse, and have no tablet...

3 things you said are bad,
hence:
"Triple Wammy"

Sigh. Being an English major, I am compelled to provide a clearer definition.

Correctly spelled "whammy", this was origionally the word for a voodoo (vodun) curse. it is now used to mean any stroke of bad luck, and is also associated with the slang term "wham" meaning to hit. So, when bad luck hits you, you''ve been whammyed.

Ahw: yes, these tutorials are very helpful. It''s frustrating to be away from my own computer for the holiday so I can''t try the suggestions out and post my results.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Wow, I''m learning new words everyday!
Maybe my English will be better than my dutch someday..
Why no new scans come on people post some scanned art.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
Yeah, make me happy, and show me that it''s actually worth writing stuff for you guys.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
quote: Original post by ahw

Yeah, make me happy, and show me that it''s actually worth writing stuff for you guys.

youpla :-P

HEY! thanks for the tip, gimmie a few hours to try it
out and I''ll put something up tonight (PST)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Then Bedivere spake--
For bold in heart and act and word was he,
Whenever slander breathed against the King

"do you like my helmut?"-yoghurt
Hay lupine your leaving me suspense come on let''s see what you put together.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
quote: Original post by Blade Runner

Hay lupine your leaving me suspense come on let''s see what you put together.

SHOOT! I''m having a problem with my files, I''ll spare you the d,
I should be up and running by the weekend...stay tuned

"do you like my helmut?"-yoghurt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement