🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

some help with character painting.

Started by
2 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 23 years, 6 months ago
I really dont want to reort to the crappy tile based texture maps that milkshape supports so is there any program that is free that i can use to paint strait onto models? you know, like painting in photoshop but in 3d. I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Advertisement
That would be Painter3D. I don''t know where you can get it anymore, but that''s what you need.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

I said it already, I''ll say it again : you might wanna use NPHerno. It''s a cool little program to paint quake models. I havent followed its latest versions, but with the last I had I could paint quake 2 models. It''s a freeware though, so dont expect all the bells and whistles of Painter3D.
My personal methods was to layout the big lines straight in 3D with NPHerno, then do the shading and actual painting in paint shop pro (didnt have Photoshop at the time), then go back to NPHerno to check for seams, repeat until finished.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
very god. thank you very much. now, i do have painter 3d but i do not have the slightest on how to use it. i will attempt to get that program AHW.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement