🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3d programs

Started by
3 comments, last by Eject 23 years, 7 months ago
Me and some friends from school are working on a game and we need a 3d program that will do realistic immages for our game. Our only problem is that we are all 14 and have little or no money. Right now top notch programs such as Lightwave, 3d studio max, maya, and the such seem out of reach. Is there a place a person or a program that can either tell us where we can get one of these programs or a cheap but powerfull pro other than the ones above. Sorry about my grammer and thanks in advance. Guthrie Alexander
Advertisement
icewarez.com
Geesh.....forget the warez......try Blender or maybe Pov-Ray.
You could get Inspire 3D, which is a cut-down version of Lightwave that''s a lot cheaper, and yuo can get it on a student license. When I say cut-down though there''s really not much taken out. The only major things are that you can''t do network-rendering (using more than one computer to render scenes at once), and there is a maximum movie resolution of 640x480, but you''re not gonna use more than that for games anyway.
Heh I asked this same exact question about 3 weeks ago . Ok, here's the lowdown. Someone gave me a URL to a page with list of 3D programs, and the page told you if it's freeware, shareware, etc. If the person that gave me that URL is reading this, please give it to this young lost soul. I tried Blender (it's free), but it doesn't work with my Voodoo video card. So if you have a Voodoo video card, you might wanna try something else. I also tried some other thing. I forget what it was called.

Thank goodness for the edit message button. Hey guess what. I just remembered what it's called. It's MilkShape! Ok back to the original message.

It looked pretty good. The only thing is it only lets you use it for 30 days. But the registration fee is pretty cheap if i remember correctly. You'll have to look for it. After this, I found what I'm currently with right now. It's called Anim8or (as in animator; get it?). It's pretty good and TOTALLY FREE. I'm not the world's greatest artist, but with the help of a tutorial on the site, I created a nice-looking egg plant using Anim8or. So Anim8or's pretty good. The point is you're in luck. There are plenty of shareware/freeware 3D programs out there. Just gotta look around.

Seeya later

Edited by - Ronald Forbes on November 28, 2000 5:22:18 PM
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement