🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Icon softwares

Started by
4 comments, last by hoshino 24 years ago
Is there any good and FREE software to create icons with 256 colors??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
Advertisement
quote: Original post by hoshino

Is there any good and FREE software to create icons with 256 colors???
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

http://www.easyapps.com/

I have done 256 color icons with this program. It´s a shareware but i have had no problems using it after it expired.

/Loffan (Sweden)

Look for IconForge or Microangelo, they''re pretty good both of them. Check softseek.com or download.com, shouldn''t be hard to find them.
Iconforge is good. you can also make custom cursors, all sorts and sizes of icons...
Ever heard of IrfanView? It''s a great image viewer, and can save in 2-billion-and-a-half formats.

Make your icon image in whatever program you are using, and save it as a bmp. Then open it in IrfanView and hit the Save As button. Among the long list of formats is ICO, meaning icon. Presto! You''ve got an icon.

LoRE
]LoRE[
Ever heard of IrfanView? It''s a great image viewer, and can save in 2-billion-and-a-half formats.

Make your icon image in whatever program you are using, and save it as a bmp. Then open it in IrfanView and hit the Save As button. Among the long list of formats is ICO, meaning icon. Presto! You''ve got an icon.

You can get IrfanView at www.IrfanView.com

LoRE
]LoRE[

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement