🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Exploration

Started by
33 comments, last by Kelvin Big 24 years, 1 month ago
I did not asked the help from Pentode to use textures in
my SAMPLE APP only the how to load it to use it in my own application! The tutorials on from NEHE has done the texture part as well as some books on OPENGL programming I''ve bought form Amazon for me!

I''m just not a PRO in coding but a starter as most of us
here, I''m glad that Pentode could help you out. Note that
some of the things he explained can be found at the tutorial section on OPENGL.ORG as well!

Kelvin Big
Netherlands
DKC
Advertisement
Sorry for the tripple posting, My conection hanged!

KB

quote: Original post by Kelvin Big

I did not asked the help from Pentode to use textures in
my SAMPLE APP only the how to load it to use it in my own application! The tutorials on from NEHE has done the texture part as well as some books on OPENGL programming I''ve bought form Amazon for me!

I''m just not a PRO in coding but a starter as most of us
here, I''m glad that Pentode could help you out. Note that
some of the things he explained can be found at the tutorial section on OPENGL.ORG as well!

Kelvin Big
Netherlands

DKC
For everyone who want to learn how to use bmp textures:

http://www.velocity.net/~waz/glgamedev/view.cgi?V=tutorials&S=1

quote: Original post by karl

Hi Pentode,

I would like to express many thanks to you for the kind help and sample code, without which I would not have been able to get my app to work with texturing using the 3dExplorer model export.

Thanks also to Kelvin Big for the moral support provided by his saying he had got it to work. I was about to give up until I read his post.

I have been using DirectX since version 2, but I noticed so much interest in OpenGL, I felt I had to give it a try.

You and the great tutorials from NEHE have given me the confidence to continue to learn more about OGL.

Thanks again

Karl

Karl Fisher
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

karl@hsnp.com

KarlFisher

DKC
I''m glad I could help someone. The texture code is from one of the tutorials from nehe productions. It''s pretty standard texture loading tecniques, thow. I figured I''d post the snippet for Karl anyway. That way all he had to do was throw it in there, instead of piecing it togather like I did. That, and there were a few functions in the drawing loop that arent needed for the way I was loading the textures.
Yep!

I''m glad that you did so otherwise maybe we had to surf until next week or so!

I just wanted Karl to know that my app was working becuase I
had downloaded the how to use textures before!
Just did not know how to use the .cpp from 3d exploration
Maybe Karl tought that I meant something else????

Nontheless many thanks for helping both of us!

Kelvin Big
Netherlands

quote: Original post by Pentode

I''m glad I could help someone. The texture code is from one of the tutorials from nehe productions. It''s pretty standard texture loading tecniques, thow. I figured I''d post the snippet for Karl anyway. That way all he had to do was throw it in there, instead of piecing it togather like I did. That, and there were a few functions in the drawing loop that arent needed for the way I was loading the textures.

DKC
Remember that all da fags on this site are ammateurs and code hackers. Might as well just copy code off the internet like they do. That is all
Sick puppy!

quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster

Remember that all da fags on this site are ammateurs and code hackers. Might as well just copy code off the internet like they do. That is all

DKC
Go away, moron. Part of learning is taking a look at, using, and trying to understand what other people have already accomplished. Obviously you''re too ignorant to that fact to be able to comprehend.
Guys, what about

glGenLists(Gen3DObjectList());

Maybe I`m wrong but Gen3DObjectList is the function you`re are working from, so why not use it the way it was meant:-)

Also, for the anonymous poster I few messages back, I suppose you woke up one morning and instantly knew the fundamentals of writing Quake 3.
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster

Obviously you do that and want to tar others with the same brush...
GET A LIFE MORON!!!

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement