🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

help with winsock....

Started by
1 comment, last by Ratman 24 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone have, or know of a place with some simple winsock programs? I have the book Windows Socket Network Programming, and have read the tutorial on flipcode (which..I found incomplete and confusing). I think Im understanding it pretty good, I''d just like to see some real simple programs to setup a connection, then maybe send some data, and then go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated... ratman
Advertisement
www.sockaddr.com has the sample code to the book "Winsock 2" by Lewis Napper. The book is very good and worth getting, but the source code by itself should be pretty instructive.
If you look under programming resources here on gamedev and type neural net in the search box, then find the socket article (I know this sounds weird). It is about 4 from the bottom of the results page, and is called something like "roll your own intranet". It is a great tutorial (where I learned all of my current knowledge).

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons;

Yanroy@usa.com

Visit the ROAD Programming Website for more programming help.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement