🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DERNED GLUT(ton, sorry I couldn't resist:)

Started by
0 comments, last by Rainmaker 24 years, 2 months ago
Anybody here have trouble installing the windows version of GLUT? It tells me nmake can not find win32.mak. Is there a directory I put all this stuff in, am I in possesion of a messed up copy? If anyone has a tutorial for setting up GLUT on a default system(I use all default names and dirs) then tell me! L8r, The Rainmaker PS- the title- GLUTton, get it? Edited by - Rainmaker on 4/24/00 12:56:30 PM
Advertisement
Whaddaya mean, installing GLUT? You can just grab the precompiled libraries from http://www.opengl.org/Documentation/GLUT.html at the bottom of the page...

I''ve never felt compelled to build the libraries myself, although hypothetically it shouldn''t be too hard. I''m not too familiar with using nmake under Win32, but for some reason I always end up editing makefiles to have them include win32.mak wherever it is. I''m sure this is a default setting I just don''t know about, some environment variable, but whatever.

In this case, just snag the libs and dlls prebuilt.

-Brian Sharp
www.maniacal.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement